To apply for any of our current job openings:
- Send a copy of your resume in .pdf or .doc to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use a separate email for each position that you are applying for.
- IMPORTANT - Put the title of the position that you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to do so may result in your resume being noted as spam or not being directed to the correct department.
Administrative Assistant G554Admin
Ocean Associates Inc. is seeking a candidate who will provide professional administrative support to the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Pacific Islands Regional Office (PIRO) in Honolulu, Hawaii. OAI conducts research, offers policy advice, and provides personnel support services to government and industry clients for marine fisheries, protected species, and habitats. Please note that we have two positions and corresponding ads for an administrative assistant and that they have different tasks.
- Budget tracking and coordination: Using spreadsheets and standardized reports, track transactions against source documents and monitor funds availability including end of year spend downs. This work is done in conjunction with senior budget analysts that work in a central budget office within PIRO.
- Project Management: Ensures resources are properly utilized in the planning and execution of executive and programmatic tasks and milestones. Coordinates flow of written and oral communications between internal managers and constituents
- Property: Assists with accountable property receiving and documentation including annual inventories.
- Calendar: Maintains deputy's calendar. Maintains a master calendar for the main conference room and coordinates with directorate staff to minimize conflicts between RA and DRA schedules.
- In/Out Processing: Assists with new employee orientation/separation by ensuring completion of necessary forms. Also assists with collection of cruise documents.
- Other administrative tasks as needed.
Minimum experience or background requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field and 1-3 years of progressively responsible work experience in a related field
High School Diploma and 5+ years of progressively responsible work experience in a related field.
Work Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Work schedule: full-time (average 40 hours per week)
Compensation: $22/hr + benefits
Excellent employee benefits are provided including paid medical insurance, and holiday, vacation and sick leave.
The position requires access to Federal office buildings or ships and communication networks. Applicants must have US citizenship or right to work documents that do not expire during the contract period, combined with two years of US residency before the start of employment.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please email your resume
and use “G554 Admin” as the subject. Include your name in the file name. PDF files are preferred.
This page last updated May 29, 2012