To apply for any of our current job openings:
- Send a copy of your resume in .pdf or .doc to email@example.com
- Use a separate email for each position that you are applying for.
- IMPORTANT - Put the title of the position that you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to do so may result in your resume being noted as spam or not being directed to the correct department.
Natural Resource Specialist I TO3201
Provide Permit & Data Services
Ocean Associates, Inc. is seeking a Natural Resource Specialist I with education and
experience in fisheries Permit and Data Services to support the NOAA National
Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Southwest Region Protected Resources Division in
Long Beach, California. OAI conducts research, offers policy advice, and provides
personnel support services to government and industry clients for marine fisheries and
protected species. We are under contract to provide support services to the NMFS
Long Beach Office.
Specific tasks to be performed by the incumbent include the following for permit
application and data entering and monitoring of NOAA Form 370:
- Review and enter application data using the National Permits System, issue, and
mail permits packages in a timely manner
- Answer permit related calls and voicemails daily;
- File processed permit applications within two weeks of processing; and
- Organize other permit-related items as necessary
- Participate or involve in permit program meetings or events as appropriate
- Review and enter form data for submissions (both mail and electronic files);
- Answer tuna import related calls and voicemails daily
- File completed forms within two weeks of processing; and
- Deliver tuna import documentation compliance related calls and faxes as needed
- Participate or involve in TTVP program audits or events as appropriate
Minimum experience or background requirements include:
- Bachelor Degree in fisheries, biological sciences or natural resource
management and 1 year of experience.
- Efficiency in using word-processing programs to develop written documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Salary: $17.38/hr. Excellent employee benefits are provided including paid medical insurance, and holiday, vacation and sick leave.
Term of employment: The contract is for 6 months, beginning immediately and ending September 30, 2012.
Location: NMFS Office at the NOAA National Marine Fisheries Service Protected Resources Division, 501 West Ocean Blvd., Suite 4200, Long Beach, California 90802.
Only qualified applicants that meet minimum experience or background requirements stated above need apply. Please submit resume that must include the following:
- Work history for the past 10 years or since last full-time education.
- Previous experience in a same or similar position with the same or similar requirements.
- Professional references.
This page last updated April 25, 2012