To apply for any of our current job openings:
- Send a copy of your resume in .pdf or .doc to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use a separate email for each position that you are applying for.
- IMPORTANT - Put the title of the position that you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to do so may result in your resume being noted as spam or not being directed to the correct department.
Scientist III, TO 3171 Ecology and Fisheries Position
Ocean Associates, Inc. is seeking a Scientist III with education and experience in habitat ecology and fisheries to support the NOAA National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Southwest Region, Santa Rosa Area Office in Santa Rosa, California. OAI conducts research, offers policy advice, and provides personnel support services to government and industry clients for marine fisheries and protected species.
The primary objectives of this Task Order are to provide technical expertise to assist in:
- conducting essential fish habitat (EFH) consultations for projects involving coastal development,
- review and update of an existing programmatic EFH consultation for various coastal development activities,
- tracking existing project-specific and programmatic EFH consultations for various coastal development activities.
Specific tasks to be performed by the incumbent include the following:
- Task 1. Project-Specific EFH Consultations: As assigned, conduct EFH consultations in response to federal agency requests to initiate consultation for coastal development projects, including coordinating with federal agencies, analyzing effects of proposed action on EFH, developing conservation recommendations, writing consultation document, and entering project information into the Public Consultation Tracking System (PCTS).
- Task 2. Review of Programmatic EFH Consultation: In coordination with HCD team coordinator, review implementation of existing EFH programmatic consultation and develop recommendations for improving protection of trust resources, efficiency of use and project tracking.
- Task 3. Project-Specific Consultation Tracking: Run monthly and quarterly reports in PCTS for EFH consultations and check for completeness of project information and status of Federal agency response to NMFS conservation recommendations.
Minimum experience or background requirements include:
- Bachelor Degree in fisheries, biological sciences or natural resource management and 3 years of experience, or a Masters degree and one year of experience.
- Knowledge of anadromous fish life history, biology, and habitat requirements.
- Efficiency in using word-processing programs to develop written documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Salary: $22.75/hr. Excellent employee benefits are provided including paid medical insurance, holiday, vacation and sick leave.
Length of employment: The contract is for approximately 10 months, beginning immediately and ending March 13, 2013. The incumbent will work independently and will schedule the work to be done each day, within the work schedule of the NMFS staff.
Location: Santa Rosa, California. Local travel in the greater San Francisco area is anticipated and will be approved on a case-by-case basis. Associated travel costs will be reimbursed for expenses incurred in accordance with the Government’s Travel Regulations.
Only qualified applicants that meet minimum experience or background requirements stated above need apply. Please submit resume that must include the following:
- Work history for the past 10 years or since last full-time education.
- Previous experience in a same or similar position with the same or similar requirements.
- Professional references.
This page last updated May 16, 2012