To apply for any of our current job openings:
- Send a copy of your resume in .pdf or .doc to email@example.com
- Use a separate email for each position that you are applying for.
- IMPORTANT - Put the title of the position that you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to do so may result in your resume being noted as spam or not being directed to the correct department.
Natural Resource Specialist II TO3148
Ocean Associates, Inc. is seeking a Natural Resource Specialist II to provide technical support to the NOAA National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Southwest Region Protected Resources Division Office in Santa Rosa, California with tasks associated with the development of recovery plan for green sturgeon. OAI conducts research, offers policy advice, and provides personnel support services to government and industry clients for marine fisheries and protected species. We are under contract to provide support services to many NMFS facilities. The work location is at the NMFS Office in Santa Rosa office.
Description of Work and Services:
The OAI incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Complete technical writing assignments related to preparing the recovery plan for green sturgeon.
- Respond to comments during the review process.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings, including agency/public outreach events related to green sturgeon conservation.
- Some travel will be necessary.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in fisheries, biological sciences, or natural resource management and 3 years of experience, or a Masters Degree and one year of experience.
- Knowledge of sturgeon life history and ability to read and assimilate scientific and technical reports.
- Strong skills in technical writing, document formatting and editing.
- Proficient in using Microsoft WORD 2007 or 2010 software.
- Must work well in a team setting and meet deadlines.
Salary: $21.53/hr for 1,112 hrs (about 6 ½ months), with start date ASAP.
Benefits: Health insurance, paid Federal holidays, annual leave, sick leave, and much more.
Job location: Santa Rosa, CA
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the job title that you are applying for in the subject line. The resume must have the following information:
- Work history for the past 10 years or since last full-time education.
- Previous experience in a same or similar position with the same or similar requirements.
- Professional references.
This page last updated April 25, 2012