To apply for any of our current job openings:
- Send a copy of your resume in .pdf or .doc to email@example.com
- Use a separate email for each position that you are applying for.
- IMPORTANT - Put the title of the position that you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to do so may result in your resume being noted as spam or not being directed to the correct department.
Senior Analyst: Strategic Planning
Ocean Associates, Inc. (OAI) is seeking a systems analyst to support the NOAA National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Office of Protected Resources in Silver Spring, MD. OAI conducts research, offers policy advice, and provides personnel support services to government and industry clients for marine fisheries and protected species. We are under contract to provide support services to the NMFS Office of Protected Resources. A start time ASAP for this position is desired.
This position will be responsible to support the NMFS Office of Protected Resources (OPR) to but not limited to collecting and analyzing data and information to recommend annual OPR financial resource allocations and assist OPR staff to determine, monitor, evaluate and report on OPR performance of science and management activities. Fluency in marine/coastal ecology and natural resources, an understanding for the statutory underpinnings and mission of the NMFS Protected Resources Program as well a competency in strategic planning, performance measurement/evaluation and the federal budget process are required for this position.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the development of NOAA’s multi-year program implementation plan with respect to Protected Species science and management activities.
- Assist the Protected Species Program with the analysis of goals and objectives, requirements, program capabilities, needs, organizational performance measures and assessments.
- Assist the Protected Species Program Manager with monitoring program activities and schedules.
- Assist OPR and NMFS regional offices and science centers in the annual estimation of ESA expenditures for listed species for reporting to Congress.
- Assist in the development of historical spending plans for programs or species of high interest and sensitivity with the general public and Congress.
- Assist with the outline of tasks and activities conducted with annual budget appropriations.
- Assist in developing the annual recommended allocations to NMFS HQ and regions of the President’s budget proposal, Congressional budget committee appropriations proposals and the final Congressional budget appropriation.
The salary is $27.24 per hour. The contract is for full-time work, 40hrs/week, for approximately 12 months. Excellent employee benefits are provided including paid medical insurance, and holiday, vacation and sick leave, and more. The work location will be at the NMFS Office of Protected Resources, 1315 East West Highway, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Only qualified applicants that meet minimum experience or background requirements stated above need apply. Please submit resume that must include the following:
- Work history for the past 10 years or since last full-time education
- Education nce in a same or similar position with the same or similar requirements
- Professional references
To apply for our current job openings:
Send a copy of your resume in .pdf or .doc to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use a separate email for each position that you are applying for.
IMPORTANT - Put the title of the position that you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to do so may result in your resume being noted as spam or not being directed to the correct department.
This page last updated December 14, 2012