To apply for any of our current job openings:
- Send a copy of your resume in .pdf or .doc to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use a separate email for each position that you are applying for.
- IMPORTANT - Put the title of the position that you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to do so may result in your resume being noted as spam or not being directed to the correct department.
Scientist III, TO 1025A, Review / Recommend Fishery Rule Making Actions
Ocean Associates, Inc. is seeking a qualified person to fill a Scientist III position, with education and experience in federal policies and regulations in the fisheries arena to support the NOAA Sustainable Fisheries Division (SFD) National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Southwest Regional Office in Long Beach, California. OAI conducts research, offers policy advice, and provides personnel support services to government and industry clients for marine fisheries and protected species.
Specific tasks to be performed by the incumbent include the following;
- Prepare and review rules and rulemaking packages required for proposed management actions related to fisheries, habitat, and protected resources, in conformance with the requirements of the Magnuson Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, Endangered Species Act, Marine Mammal Protection Act, National Environmental Policy Act, and other applicable laws.
- Work with Costal Pelagic Species (CPS) lead, in review of assignments related to CPS fisheries management and policy and making necessary revisions or doing additional analysis, where necessary, in preparation of rulemaking packages and/or policy documents and reports.
- Provide site Supervisor, and other SWR leadership, as necessary, with an overall review, identification of critical problems, and recommendations regarding the analyses of proposed fishery management actions.
Minimum experience or background requirements include:
- Master's degree in biology, natural resources, environmental policy or a related discipline.
- Experience in policy and analysis related to fisheries or other renewable natural resources. Experience preparing regulations preferable.
- Ability to articulate both in the written word and orally biological and policy information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently, and be solution-oriented and a self-starter.
This is a full-time 1 year position, beginning on 10/1/13 and ending on 9/30/14. The salary is $20.70/hr. No travel is anticipated under this task order.
The place of performance is at the SFD Southwest Regional Office, 501 W. Ocean Blvd., Suite 4200, Long Beach, CA 90802.
Only qualified applicants that meet minimum experience or background requirements stated above need apply. Please submit resume that must include the following:
- Work history for the past 10 years or since last full-time education.
- Previous experience in a same or similar position with the same or similar requirements.
This page last updated September 5, 2013