To apply for any of our current job openings:
- Send a copy of your resume in .pdf or .doc to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use a separate email for each position that you are applying for.
- IMPORTANT - Put the title of the position that you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to do so may result in your resume being noted as spam or not being directed to the correct department.
It Application Developer TO5038
Ocean Associates Inc. (OAI) is seeking a candidate who will provide professional support to the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Pacific Islands Regional Office (PIRO) related to application and database development. Primary duties will be to analyze programmatic data requirements and develop applications and databases in support of PIRO's mission. OAI conducts research, offers policy advice, and provides personnel to government and industry clients for marine fisheries and protected resources.
Responsibilities:The objectives are to provide centralized application and database development services for the entire Regional Office, provide a standardized methodology for application and database development, and provide a standardized application and database development platform, environment and tools. Specific duties include:
- Design, write, test, and document application code to successfully complete
- Demonstrate sound understanding of Service Oriented Architecture principles and
best practices to write application code following project design and architecture.
- Utilize problem-solving skills to identify areas of improvement and turn them into
solid areas of development.
- Write SQL queries, create databases and tables, stored procedures, and triggers
for SQL Server 2005 and 2008 to produce custom web-based applications for our
- Interact with other members of the development team and project managers in a
positive manner to deliver on-time and above standard applications.
Minimum experience or background requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and experience in object- oriented technologies to develop software applications.
- In-depth understanding of Windows SharePoint Services and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010 to solve technical and business problems.
- Knowledge of current best practices in web development and usability standards.
- Problem solving skills, knowledge of full life cycle development, and ability to complete projects.
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to work independently and in a team environment.
The position requires access to Federal office buildings or ships and communication
networks. Applicants must have US citizenship or right to work documents that do not
expire during the contract period, combined with two years of US residency before the
start of employment.
Work Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Work schedule: full-time (part-time hours may be possible).
Salary: $26.00/hr + benefits (or $35.00/hour as subcontractor without benefits may be possible).
Excellent employee benefits are provided including paid medical insurance, and holiday,
vacation and sick leave.
To apply: Please send us a cover letter describing your qualifications, resume, and a list of three references. Use “5038 IT" as the subject line. Include your name in the file name. Documents in PDF format are preferred.
This page last updated September 12, 2012