To apply for any of our current job openings:
- Send a copy of your resume in .pdf or .doc to email@example.com
- Use a separate email for each position that you are applying for.
- IMPORTANT - Put the title of the position that you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to do so may result in your resume being noted as spam or not being directed to the correct department.
International Policy and Analysis – NMFS/International Affairs
We are seeking an expert in international policy with an emphasis in fisheries management as a plus. Qualified applicants will be kept on file and referenced first when anticipated openings arise. Please include your present commuting area, and whether you are willing to relocate.
Ocean Associates, Inc conducts research, offers policy advice, and provides personnel to government and industry clients for coastal, oceanic, fisheries, and protected resources.
The candidate for this job should demonstrate knowledge in fisheries science and management as well as domestic and international natural resource regulations. They will support the implementation of management strategies and help assess the industry trends worldwide using current scientific disciplines and methodologies for planning purposes. This work will also include drafting congressional reports and participating in international meetings. There is the possibility of travel associated with this position.
The possible tasks for this job include:
1. Provide staffing and technical support for events involving the NOAA Administrator and other Department of Commerce (DOC) or NOAA leadership. This will entail collecting background materials from appropriate NOAA international staff; compiling memos; writing talking points; and assisting in briefing leadership.
2. Support NOAA’s International Affairs Council (IAC) Indonesia Team; including through facilitating regular meetings of the Indonesia team participants; writing meeting summary reports; liaising with the Department of State Indonesian Embassy and Desk Officers on NOAA’s international agreements, responding to the NOAA Management Control Review Process and other related activities. This will entail knowledge and understanding all Indonesia activities in which NOAA is engaged.
3. Provide technical and staffing support for US engagement in the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Ocean and Fisheries Working Group (OFWG), including assisting in developing any US project proposals for OFWG, drafting revisions to the OFWG Workplan, providing staff support to the OFWG Deputy Lead Shepherd, and compiling and reviewing technical comments on APEC OFWG, food security and other documents.
4. Provide technical and staff support for the final revision and implementation of the NOAA Caribbean Strategy. This will include incorporating/reconciling any comments on the Strategy, developing a plan to track implementation of the Strategy’s goals, and assisting in implementing the Communications and Outreach plan.
5. Provide staffing on other Caribbean-related matters, including putting together PowerPoint presentations for meetings with Caribbean officials; developing briefing materials for Leadership interacting with Caribbean officials; reviewing position papers for Caribbean Environment Program meetings; and assisting with responding to State Department requests for information on NOAA Caribbean programs.
6. Carry out two trips of 5 days each to the following:
a. Caribbean Environment Program Conference of Parties, Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic
b. United Nations Environment Program, Nairobi, Kenya
Minimum requirements include:
• 3 Years of experience in international fisheries management
• A bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field (international affairs, marine or fisheries science, etc.)
If you wish to be considered for this and similar positions in the future please email your resume in response. Be sure it contains:
• Work history for the past 10 years or since last full-time education.
• Previous experience in a similar position with the same or similar requirements.
• Professional references.
Salary: The salary for this position will be based on experience.
Please include your present commuting area, and whether you are willing to relocate. We suggest you add this information, or anything else you wish us to know, to the top of your resume or on a preceding page so that everything is in one document. Email to Jobs@oceanassoc.com Subject: InternationalAffairs_YourName.
This page last updated January 13, 2014